Save settings without cookies
- You can save your Ixquick preferences by clicking on the "Save Setting" button on the "Settings" page.
- This will save your settings on your computer in a 'cookie'- a small piece of data stored on your hard drive - called 'preferences'.
- Ixquick's 'preferences' cookie is a non-identifiable cookie and safe to accept, but cookies in general can pose a threat to your privacy.
- People who prefer not to accept cookies or delete them regularly would not be able to keep their preferences this way.
- For those people, Ixquick has especially provided the "Generate URL" button at the bottom of the "Settings" page.
- Pushing that button a specific Ixquick URL containing your selected settings will be generated.
- It can be generated in readable or obfuscated form.
- The generated URL can now be be directly set as your homepage or copied and used as a bookmark.
- Using this URL all of your preferences will be used the next time you visit Ixquick.
- This will install a search bar plugin that includes your settings.
Ixquick continues to offer you privacy-enhancing features for searching the web safely!